Helping Young Professionals Realize their Potential in France
In France, Capgemini and Sogeti partner with an organization called "Nos Quartiers ont des Talents", which helps young graduates from disadvantaged areas find gainful employment. Approximately 30 Sogeti employees, some of whom are members of the executive committee, mentor graduates each year.
Creating Sustainable Futures in the UK
In the UK, Capgemini is a leading member of Business in the Community (BITC), a business-led charity working with companies to improve their business performance while creating a sustainable future for people and the planet. It is also a patron of The Prince's Trust, an organization providing training, mentoring and financial assistance to disadvantaged young people. Between 2008 and 2011, we raised over £1m (€1.2m) for the Trust.
Elsewhere Around Europe
- Capgemini Germany has held national volunteering days
- Capgemini Poland has become involved in the Business MaMa program and has set up a Community Grant scheme
- Capgemini Italy recently won an award for their significant work with the Red Cross
Improving the Lives of Underprivileged People in India
In India, Capgemini supports WeKare, a registered charity dedicated to improving the lives of impoverished people. Today, more than 150 volunteer organizations work with 50+ partners across three major cities in India.
Capgemini Philippines: a small community, a big difference
- Reach out to different organizations to volunteer around natural disasters,
- Help to care for the needy,
- Share knowledge with the less privileged,
- Engage people do become involved in outreach activity.
Transforming communities together in North AmericaNorth America has an active Community program. One example is our contribution at New York Cares Day, on October 13. A group of Capgemini employees from the New York area came together, rolled up their sleeves, and volunteered to help transform public schools in the New York area, painting, gardening, cleaning, and organizing material. The team also raised over $660 for the New York Cares organization.
Mobilizing our Efforts for a Big Impact
We apply Capgemini's core values of freedom and respect in our communities by encouraging and enabling our local teams to support the causes that inspire them. In recent years, our community activities have included:
- Building classrooms for children with Down’s syndrome in Guatemala
- Supporting urgent relief efforts for earthquake victims in Chile, as well as flood victims in Queensland Australia and Northern Brazil
- Organizing charity, sporting and cultural events across North America with the help of the United Way