Account Executive - Utilities
Account Executive – Utilities
Role: Account Executive – Utilities
Location: UK (Secondment)
- Recent experience working for a Tier-1/2 Global IT or Consulting organisation in Sales or with responsibility for Business Development in the Application Solutions space.
- Hold a network of contacts within relevant commercial organisations including software and hardware vendors, industry analysts and advisors besides prospective clients.
- Private Sector experience and expertise within the utilities space. Proven track record of selling in the Private Sector both through formal procurement processes and through informal relationship based selling.
- Personally have led and sold at least three +10m GBP TCV Application Solutions. Deals to FTSE 350 / Fortune 500 organisations.
- Exceptional focus on all aspects of P&L management and reporting at both a pursuit and client level.
- Creative and innovative, with gravitas to lead CIO / IT Director / Board level business meetings to position deals and in sales closure.
- Well versed with commercial models, estimation techniques, pricing trends, TUPE regulations, crafting complex MSA & SOW documents.
- Sold AM solutions involving service delivery from Nearshore / Offshore locations outside UK & mutualised teams be able to craft solution including distributed delivery elements, price-to-win and articulating value proposition.
- Ability to innovatively and constructively challenge the status quo to drive forward the business. Able to operate with a high degree of independence as well as being part of a team.
- Strong technical experience with hands-on IT Solution / Service Delivery experience during some stage in the career.
- Experience of using Holden sales process
Roles & Responsibilities
- This role will be responsible for driving sales of predominantly Applications Solutions in the Energy and Utilities subsector.
- This role will promote Capgemini in the market and will build relationships with clients and IT Services Eco-system partners promoting the Capgemini brand and broader Capgemini offers in the Application Solutions space.
- The New Business Sales role will emphasise new logo acquisition and demand generation (including cold calling where necessary).
- The Account Management roles will have both a sales and P&L focus for existing clients but will also require activity in new logo clients as required.
- Working closely with Sector & Delivery Unit Management teams, this individual will be responsible for creating and driving their own pipeline, in line with the business unit’s overall business strategy and direction.
- Originating and nurturing the development of the business, new revenue streams and directing proposition development will be key focus areas. You will be familiar with the various sources of demand – how to identify them, nurture them and be responsible for building an active pipeline of prospective deals.The focus of this person will be on mid-sized AD and AM deals (those in the £5m to £50m range) involving multiple technologies (e.g. ERP,Mainframe, Legacy and COTS).
- You will be focused on new client acquisition and driving growth into new name logos, and will have the ability to both create and drive opportunities to closure.
- You will be expert an in demand generation activities that are relevant to this market segment and will play a lead role in devising strategies to promote Capgemini in these forums with tangible business results.