C++ GL SL - 3 - 9 years - Pune
We are currently hiring professionals having experience on C++ GLSL between 4 - 9 years in Pune location.
Roles and responsibilities -
A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics
• Knowledge of portable C++ software development
• Detailed knowledge and experience using modern 3D visualisation toolkits, technologies and APIs (such as OpenGL 3.2 and above, shader development, Unity/Unigine engines, etc)
• A strong software development background in both Linux and Windows environments.
• Providing technical leadership, direction, oversight and mentoring to offshore development teams in the development of real-time C++ visualisation software that support viewing information contained within and associated with Rio Tinto's Automation and Information systems;
• Developing Proof of Concept software components that establish the viability and utility of new and novel 3D visualisations that support better situational awareness within a mining environment, and which support the increasing use of autonomous technologies and equipment in Rio Tinto mines worldwide.
• Offshoring Proof of Concept solutions successfully to development teams in order to allow them to be developed into mature products;
• Working with the Mine Automation group to refine and update an integrated system architecture and interfaces for future mining systems so that they will continue to support new visualisation tools and techniques as they are developed;
• Supporting the engagement with Rio Tinto research partners to ensure the research is aligned with the Mine Of The FutureTM vision.
• Supporting the Principal Advisor - Automation in updating and developing Concepts of Operation, user requirements and system requirements for new geological analysis and equipment performance capabilities whilst identifying the technologies or solutions that will address those requirements;
Job Location - Pune
Experience - 4 - 9 years