Cloud Infrastructure Project Manager
Role: Project and Program Manager - Infrastructure Services
Experience: 13 - 15 Years
As part of a global business unit of over 3000 Infrastructure specialists, the Project and Programmes team will manage over €800 m of project based revenue in 2016 delivering hundreds of engagements across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
In order to drive the growth agenda in the Infrastructure Services business unit, Capgemini is looking to expand the team in all geopgraphies. Specifically Capgemini is expanding its offshore delivery unit which supports both landed projects (resources deployed into Europe, US and Canada) and remote delivery projects from our core offshore delivery centres in Mumbai, Bangalore and Gungal.
Programme Managers are responsible for both supporting pre-sales and delivering a range of projects. This may include individual high value programmes or complex portfolios of projects on our strategic accounts. Programme Managers are expected to delivery projects or project portfolios with total contract value in the range of €3-5m, engaging directly with our clients at a senior level, across many sectors including financial, retail, manufacturing, utilities and public.
Programme Managers are responsible for all aspects of delivery including technical, financial and commercial. They are responsible for:
- delivery of projects to time, cost, scope and quality;
- providing strong project planning and delivery leadership;
- manage both internal and external stakeholders, implementing and operating complex governance arrangements;
- managing client, 3rd Party and Capgemini delivery teams to ensure effective project;
- identifying, developing and contracting additional opportunities;
- controlling scope, ensure financial performance and manage commercial escalations;
- optimising delivery across onshore and offshore delivery locations;
- developing solutions and work orders, from client request through issue, presentation, approval through to project delivery;
- contributing to the development of methods and expansion of the knowledge base within the Practice.
Successful candidates will have
- managed a range of Infrastructure projects and programmes with multi-million Euro budgets;
- achieved additional sales (project expansion and new opportunity development) in excess of €1m revenue;
- Work on project as individual contributor and also lead a team of around 5-10 PMs as direct reportee.
- at least 10 years relevant experience;
- planned, mobilised and managed all aspects of project delivery;
- worked both onshore and offshore; willing to travel for short/long term as per business requirements
- managed client and 3rd party delivery teams;
- experience in shaping infrastructure project delivery for 100% offshore delivery
- extensive knowledge of multiple project delivery methodologies;
- strong communications skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels;
- written proposals and statements of work, and managed the commercial delivery against the contract;
- leadership skills demonstrated through management and/or team lead roles covering planning, reporting, issue & risk management and people management skills;
- knowledge and experience of the sales process
- experiences with standard project management tools such as Microsoft project, CA Clarity and Open Workbench and appropriate support tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and Teamforge.
The candidate will be
- flexible about work content and location and able to work independently with clients and colleagues
- fluent in English
- ideally have industry recognised project management training and certification (PMP, Prince, etc)
- There will be a requirement to attain EM Certification within employment
- [DN: Revise for India specific] Successful candidates will be asked to gain a level of security clearance either prior to or upon commencement of employment in support of their allocation to accounts requiring an element of security clearance
- This is a client facing role which requires good presentation, communication and organisation skills. Successful applicants will require flexibility in their work location; the ability to work at client and Capgemini sites across the global as well as in our India delivery centres for the duration of assignments