Cloud Solution Architect - Bangalore-10 to 15 yrs
About Capgemini :
Now with 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2014 global revenues of EUR 10.573 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
About Infrastructure Services :
Capgemini Infrastructure Services have recently streamlined their operations around a global IT services supply chain model. As part of this initiative, they have established a global Cloud Practice, tasked with client advisory services, transitions and cloud service delivery. As a result, the Cloud Practice is looking to build on its solution architect team by recruiting an experienced Solution Architect into the Cloud Solutioning team.
This is a client facing role reporting to the Head of Cloud Solutions for the Infrastructure Services Global Cloud Practice. The purpose of the role is to assist clients in optimising their use of cloud resources (public and private) as part of a balanced IT supply portfolio. As such, the successful applicant will have a blend of pre sales; technical and IT project delivery experience that allows them to develop detailed solutions and proposals.
Successful applicants will be required to work mainly within their base country, with occasional travel abroad as required.
- Proven experience in cloud infrastructure deals.
- Strong client facing skills and a good listener. Ability to push a point/right solution to different stakeholders (both technical and non-technical)
- Ability to calculate the ROI from adopting cloud and articulate this to the customer
- Executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to the Cloud
- A strong background in end to end infrastructure technologies and architecture, ideally from more than one company.
- Proven experience of building solutions for a service provider.
- Risk management.
- Able to help shape transition and transformation strategies.
- Ensuring plan execution and Cloud consumption targets are met
- Business acumen to lead solution elements of the financial and commercial models.
- Good understanding of latest IT trends, hardware/software, and processes.
- Excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills for use with senior stakeholders in external organisations.
- Broad understanding of the technology providers in this space.
- Facilitation of workshops and meetings to develop client solutions.
- Ability to put themselves in the client’s shoes.
- Must be fully flexible and mobile across the regions for extended periods and potentially across the Capgemini Group.
- Knowledge of applications management operational model (including ERP); high level architecture and licensing requirements.
- Knowledge of government and industry related security restrictions.
- SLA modelling, measures and penalty methods that both satisfy the client whilst minimising business risk.
- Exposure to financial models and charging principles.
- Project management skills and delivery experience.
- Scripting knowledge (Puppet/Powershell etc)
- Documenting and sharing technical best practices and insights with product owners and the architect community
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management in a cloud environment
- Build the cloud/Azure solution and hand over the cloud solution to the administration team
- Develop and maintain automation scripts