DevOps Manager Chennai 9 to 14 years
We are looking to hire DevOps Lead Professional for Chennai location (flexible for other locations but DevOps Master will have to travel Chennai as required)
You will be a part of a small, geographically distributed, cross-functional Scrum team that is massively scaling cutting edge platform infrastructure. This team is committed to delivering the highest systems uptime and operations transparency.
• As a DevOps Manager, you are responsible for “baking in” high scalability and high availability into our infrastructure.
• You will be charged with architecting, designing, developing, and supporting the most visible Internet-scale infrastructure.
• Managing the infrastructure powering client at massive scale requires you to master AWS cloud architectures, designing effective high availability network topologies, as well as, having a mastery of hardware and software load balancers.
• You will apply deep understanding of clustering techniques to SQL and NoSQL storage and design and implement effective disaster recovery strategies.
• You are an expert in Ops Management tools and you have a deep understanding of change control protocols and procedures.
• Finally you will apply your deep knowledge of monitoring tools, and NOC operations to manage 24/7 NOC team.
• You will own the availability and scalability of everything you touch whether someone else wrote it, fixed it or modified it.
• Lead geographically distributed DevOps and NOC engineering practices including definition of processes, metrics, tools selection and automation.
• Deliver key DevOps and NOC initiatives including planning and team organization and execution.
• Ensure standardized, mature change management and release management processes and automate deployment and maintenance procedures using industry-standard scripting languages.
• Implement automated infrastructure testing.
• Configure and tune an enterprise monitoring and instrumentation system(s) to efficiently detect existing issues and predict future issues based on trends.
• Orchestrate the provisioning, load balancing, dynamic configuration/re-configuration, monitoring and spend optimization of servers across cloud providers, data centers, availability zones.
• Improve the performance, security, redundancy and availability of systems.
• Maintaining database security and controlling permissions.
• Monitoring database performance.
• Configuration Management building blocks using tools such as Chef or Puppet.
• Performance analysis and capacity planning – maintaining performance models on all applications and systems.
• Rapid response, trouble-shoot, and triage of production issues.
• Develop a comprehensive infrastructure policy.
• Apply information security best practices and respond to security events.
• Be very comfortable in the command line, writing scripts, etc.
• Analyze processes, recommend improvements, and write process documentation.
• Ability to work as part of an agile development team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
• Hands on experience developing highly scalable distributed systems.
• Good knowledge of Cloud Computing Architectures, Networking Topologies and Clustering techniques.
• Experience using AWS technologies such as EC2, RDS, Cloudwatch, and Elastic
• Strong scripting and automation skills including hands-on knowledge of Chef.
• Experience with massively scaling Java based components.
• Knowledge of MongoDB or other NoSQL databases.
• Passionate about technology and enjoys challenges.
• Able to contribute and work independently on a small team.
Contact Adhithya Naidu