Group IT Program Manager
Title : Group IT Program Manager
Experience : 15 + years
Location : Bangalore / Pune / Mumbai / Hyderabad / Chennai
Gradauate : B. E [ Preferred ]
Post graduation : Any
Project Control Management
- Delivering the project against the agreed Project Charter and to client satisfaction.
- Managing the project budget as stated in the approved Project Charter.
- Forecasting Estimates To Complete (ETC), Estimate At Completion (EAC), as well as the estimated completion date of the project.
- Ensuring compliance to the Group IT Governance Framework.
- Providing accurate project information to the Group IT CIO Office on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Managing the project risks, issues and dependencies, and corresponding action plans.
- Working together with the Offshore Project Manager (where applicable) in order to realize the project obligations (including all deliverables) and the project targets, and in accordance with the One Team model.
- Organizing and steering the engagement team:
- Producing the staffing plan, specifying resources required, and approving proposed resources.
- Motivating team members on a continuous basis.
- Assessing team members’ performance against their objectives on a regular basis.
- Developing team members’ skills and empowerment.
- Providing team members with the support they need.
- Identification and negotiation of change requests.
- Ensuring overall delivery and quality of the project work.
- Managing any third parties involved in the delivery of the project.
Preferred Domain knowledge - HR/Finance/Infrastructure
Process and Tools
- Deploying appropriate tools (especially Group IT corporate tools) along with methods, templates, etc.
- Ensuring capture of project best practices and lessons learnt.
- Adherence to Corporate procurement rules and use of standard purchasing tools i.e., GPS.
- Organizing project / program reviews and audits and completion of any actions arising from these.
- Mentor the teams on the best use of project management disciplines and approaches.
- Use Group IT Toolset (Clarity/OWB/MSP/EMI etc) along with competent use of Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Communication and Change Management
- Approving the assignment of, and defining the objectives for, key project roles (supported with KPIs).
- Weekly reporting on the status of the project to the Group IT PMO, business and Project Steer Co.
- Day to day liaison with the Business Project / Program Manager.
- Attendance at the project / program reporting meetings.
- Establish and manage the stakeholder management plan and implementation of the communication framework.
- Developing positive relationships with the business, third parties and other Project Managers involved in delivering the project.