LINUX SYSTEM ADMIN- Bangalore- 6 to 9 yrs
We are looking to hire LINUX SYSTEM ADMIN- Bangalore- 6 to 9 yrs
Role Description (Role & Responsibilities)
Specification / Skills / Experience
ctive involvement in change initiation, preparation, coordination and implementation to the test and production systems.
• Own and co-ordinate all operational changes and ensure successful implementation with impact.
• Participate in Amadeus technical projects in close cooperation with Development and relevant groups within ADP.
• End to end problem ownership - own Problem Tracking Records, track progress and chase appropriately; aid where necessary and able in their investigation and resolution, making sure solutions are implemented as agreed.
• Chair & minute Problem Management Review meetings, and then track Problem Management Review action items and own the problem records, making sure action items are implemented as agreed.
• Ensure the highest quality of operations procedures is maintained.
• Participate in incident and problem prevention activities.
• Active involvement in major incidents (2LS trouble-shooting, including on-call where necessary).
• Propose changes to fix problems and improve processes, seeking assistance when needed.
• Interface to other teams in Operations, Development and Service Desk.
• Assist in validation of new hardware relevant to their area of expertise
• Act as primary interface to vendors
• Follow relevant developments within the IT industry
Skills & Knowledge – Technical / Functional and Managerial
• Experience of working in the Live / Production Environment
• Hands-on experience in VMware virtualization
Experience: 3 – 8 years
Primary Skills (Must have)
Secondary Skills (Nice to have)
AIX/VMware/Solaris/Windows is required.