Manager Data Scientist Bangalore
Manager Data Scientist / 10 to 15 yrs/Bangalore
Experience Required: 10 to 15yrs
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover information hidden in vast amounts of operational data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver better services.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. Specifically, you will be required to work with data from IT Service Monitoring and Management systems and build mechanisms for optimum routing of tickets, prediction of incidents and identification of opportunities for automation.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques, principally with time dependent data
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods, primarily using a mix of text and numeric data
• Analyze logs and create observation/ opportunities and avenues of improvements in the system
• Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
Skills and Experience Required
• Experience with common open data science toolkits, such as R or Python. Excellence in at least one of these is necessary
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, D3.js, GGplot, etc.
• Experience of working in Analytics projects in an organizational setting with participation in at least 3 projects
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase will be a plus
• Proficiency in distributed computing tools like MapReduce/ MPI (Cosmos/ Hadoop/ Spark/ Hive etc) is a plus
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Neural Networks, etc.
• Ability to communicate results and findings in clear, succinct English
• Bachelor’s degree in numeric oriented fields such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering
• Masters degree in one of the above fields will be a plus