Oracle DBA - Associate Consultant - Bangalore
Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator
Individuals within the Database Administration role design, install, maintain and upgrade the databases (production and non-production environments). They provide technical expertise in use of database technology and are accountable for the overall performance of the enterprise’s database environment. These professionals have a solid working knowledge of database administration methodologies and techniques and a good understanding of logical and physical database design principles. They work well in a team environment and exhibit flexibility when addressing daily shifting work priorities
Duties and responsibilities
• Supports multiple databases of high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data.
• Plans and organizes database activities regarding reliability, performance monitoring and tuning, security, backup and disaster recovery.
• Participates in cross-team and cross-project implementations
• Develops and provides database requirements to system administrators.
• Designs, monitors and maintains data replication primary and secondary databases.
• Develop, tests, maintains, and exercises procedures for backup, restoration, and disaster recovery for high availability, high volume mission critical databases.
• Monitors utilization for capacity planning.
• Monitors transactions between application systems and the database for the purpose of identifying and improving inefficiencies.
• Troubleshoots and resolves applications (ex., SQL) performance issues
• Maintains and monitors database security, integrity and access controls.
• Provides production support/ database access 24 hrs. X 7 days a week and ensures high availability
• Monitors performance against service agreement levels.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Mathematics, specialized training, certification or equivalent work experience.
• Typically requires 5 or more years of database administration experience working with various database management systems.
• Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems, application and/or Web standards and database licensing.
• Thorough understanding of performance monitoring, analysis and tuning.
• Knowledge in database administration of Large database on linux/unix environments
• Knowledge in performance tuning activities and troubleshooting the issues
• Knowledge in latest IaaS technologies: Cloud, AWS, AZURE
• Knowledge in automating IaaS
Oracle certified professional