Program Management - Infrastructure
Senior Program Leader - Infrastructure Services
As part of a global business unit of over 3000 Infrastructure specialists, the Global Project and Programmes team will manage over €350m of project based revenue in 2016 delivering hundreds of engagements across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
In order to drive the growth agenda in the Infrastructure Services business unit, Capgemini is looking to expand the team in all geographies. Specifically, Capgemini is expanding its offshore delivery unit which supports both landed projects (resources deployed into Europe, US and Canada) and remote delivery projects from our core offshore delivery centres in Mumbai, Bangalore and Gurgaon.
We are looking for a highly experienced Programme Leader to drive offshore delivery and lead the Infrastructure projects and programmes capability in our India delivery centres.
The individual will be responsible for an initial capability of around 200, but will be responsible for expanding that significantly.
More importantly the individual will be responsible for significant growth in the senior project and programme manager level, and for building the capability to manage large and complex projects entirely remotely from India.
They will work with a range of project leaders in onshore locations to develop the approach and skills to radically increase of offshore delivery of infrastructure projects whether using mixed onshore/offshore, landed or fully remote delivery.
They will also take delivery management responsibility for a range of projects, with responsibility for monitoring financial and delivery performance, acting as a point of contact for senior client escalation and identifying and implementing get well activities for problem delivery.
The individual will be responsible for all aspects of delivery including technical, financial and commercial. They will:
- manage the overall capability ensuring the right mix of skills and level
- drive the performance culture and coach individuals to achieve the required capability
- work with HR to recruit and train staff as required
- work with the global infrastructure projects and programmes team to educate and train onshore units to achieve improved offshore delivery
- work with sales and solutions staff to shape and contract offshore based delivery solutions
- manage both internal and external stakeholders, implementing and operating complex governance arrangements
- act as an escalation point for both senior internal and external stakeholders
- manage the financial and commercial aspects of a portfolio of projects with multi-million € contract value
- manage the financial aspects of the direct team ensuring utilisation and revenue earnt meets monthly targets
- optimising delivery across onshore and offshore delivery locations;
- developing solutions and work orders, from client request through issue, presentation, approval through to project delivery
- contributing to the development of methods and expansion of the knowledge base within the Practice.
Successful candidates will have
- led an offshore based delivery team working both independently and with onshore based units
- worked both onshore and offshore
- overseen mixed, landed and remote deliveries
- led business units in excess of 100 people
- demonstrated the ability to drive the performance of business unit in terms of both staff and finances
- led a range of Infrastructure projects and programmes with multi-million Euro budgets
- driven a consulting led sales culture where project managers achieve incremental sales (project expansion and new opportunity development)
- at least 15 years relevant experience
- managed client and 3rd party delivery teams
- extensive knowledge of multiple project delivery methodologies
- strong communications skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- written proposals and statements of work, and managed the commercial delivery against the contract
- leadership skills demonstrated through management and delivery
- knowledge and experience of the sales process
- strong client relationship skills with a track record of interfacing at senior levels within client organisations
The candidate will be
- flexible about work content and location and able to work independently with clients and colleagues
- fluent in English
- ideally have industry recognised project management training and certification (PIMP, Prince, etc)
- This is a partially client facing role which requires good presentation, communication and organisation skills. Successful applicants will require flexibility in their work location; the ability to work at client and Capgemini sites across the global as well as in our India delivery centres.