Project - Program Manager– Mumbai
Required skill and Job responsibilities.
- The Senior Projects Practitioner is responsible for leading either a large project or a definable segment of a very large and complex project. Clients may be external or internal. The Senior Projects Practitioner is responsible for and leads the translation of the client's complex business requirements into formal agreements establishing specific solutions, applications or processes ultimately culminating in customer acceptance of the results. This includes working with client personnel and executives to identify business requirements and, subsequently, working with, and leading others in the initiating, planning, controlling, executing and closing of the client's solution. The Senior Projects Practitioner is responsible for a wide range of process activities beginning with the request for proposal through development, and final delivery.
- Understands and applies knowledge of project management disciplines and processes as they relate to ORGANIZATION and the client's strategic objectives, functions, business unit and/or country objectives;
- Guides other professionals (Projects Practitioners, Specialists and Consultants);
- Leads negotiations with team members to define team goals and approaches for attaining them;
- Draw upon professional concepts to collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties;
- Utilizes refined techniques for identifying, eliminating or containing both technical and business risk;
- Works with functional Managers in ensuring that team members are clocking their time correctly, based on project need;
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components with the assistance of the functional and technical group. Recognizes job related problems;
- Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve;
- Conducts special projects. Works on professional level projects, work is often reviewed for developmental purposes;
- Leads and guides the efforts of others in understanding and reaching project decisions. Position may require coordination of activities of less experienced or less knowledgeable team members;
- Influences people and organizations to include those of the clients and ORGANIZATION executives on issues related to project management. Is respected as a project management subject matter expert both inside and outside the company;
- Leads project management/business initiatives in new and complex areas. May directly influence people in the project;
- Accountable for results of large, complex projects. Cross functional engagements, international projects and dispersed teams may be involved;
- Interfaces directly with customer's executive management;
- Activities are directly related to customer satisfaction and drive.
- Bachelor or Master Degree, 9-10 Years of Experience in IT Infrastructure Projects;
- Excellent analytical & technical skills (if any),Strong Leadership skills; planning and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation, Must be able to motivate he team members in challenging environment;
- Must be able to demonstrate a level maturity while under constant pressure from the business and technology community;
- Must have experience with Project Management Tools like MS Projects and MS Office;
- Prince-II, PMI certifications preferred;
- Strong organizational skills required; including good time management skills, Ability and comfort interacting with all levels of management.
Primary Skill: Project, Vendor Management Proficient
Secondary Skill: Procurement management Baseline, Risk Management Progressing, Cost management Proficient, Quality Management Progressing
Job Location: Mumbai