The project leader is responsible for coordinating project performance with the Project Manager / Program Manager and for the timely and economic utilization of resources assigned to the project. The position provides technical coordination of project teams.
• Prepare project plans for the projects and contribute to the overall plan, highlighting dependencies to other projects;
• Manage single or multiple teams, shared or direct;
• Ensure that the Project Milestones are managed and is delivered to specified quality, budget and time scales;
• Monitor and control assigned budgets and targets providing early warning of exception conditions and taking remedial action as appropriate;
• Monitor project progress, regularly report on progress, identify and action potential stoppers and issues;
• Plan for, and manage Implementation to ensure successful progress to project closure;
• Manage the day to day project activities and SMEs working on the project;
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with Project Managers, Client managers and liaise with other development and support areas to ensure successful end to end delivery of the Projects;
• Contribute to the establishment and promotion of a culture which promotes quality of work, service orientation and flexibility utilising industry best practices;
• Develop and motivate staff in order to establish and maintain a high calibre workforce that is able to meet the challenging performance targets whilst producing high quality work;
• Assure the quality of work produced in development, ensuring that business practices and technical standards are adhered to and quality products delivered to specified standards.