Senior Project Manager
Vacancy Title: Senior Project Manager
Discipline: Infrastructure Services
Business Unit: Cloud Infra Services
Location: Any location in India
Working Pattern: Standard Working Hours as per Client/Geo Timings
Now with 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2014 global revenues of EUR 10.573 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.uk.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
About Infrastructure Services:
The Infrastructure Services business unit reflects this joined up approach combining Capgemini’s consulting, infrastructure build and run capabilities in an integrated global sales and delivery model. The group provides infrastructure projects and outsourcing services, including date centre, end user computing, service integration, cloud platforms and cyber security. It executes a range of projects including consulting, infrastructure transformation and optimization and business change led Programmes.
With the rapid growth in digital led transformation, big data demand for data storage and access, and the impact of the growth cloud based models, the infrastructure business is seeing rapid growth and the group is positioned to be a significant engine for Capgemini.
Infrastructure Services represents more than 20% of Group revenue.
About the Cloud Practice:
Within Infrastructure Services the Service Organisation is accountable for end-to-end solution and delivery of projects and managed services, and within this organisation there are seven Global Practices. Each Global Practice is accountable for supporting the growth of our business and providing thought leadership, SME expertise, standardized solutions, a stronger catalogue of services as well as solution managed services and projects and ensure they are delivered according to contract.
The Cloud Practice focuses on core infrastructure transformation associated with technology refresh or business change, as well as complex programmes involving multiple towers.
Who you’ll be working with
As part of a global business unit of over 3000 Infrastructure specialists, the Project and Programmes team will manage over €350m of project based revenue in 2016 delivering hundreds of engagements across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific
Senior Project Managers are responsible for both supporting pre-sales and delivering a range of projects. This may include leading individual projects or specific streams within complex programmes. Senior Managers are expected to deliver projects with total contract value up to €2m, managing all aspects and engaging directly with our clients at a senior level, across many sectors including financial, retail, manufacturing, utilities and public.
What you’ll do
Senior Project Managers are responsible for all aspects of delivery including technical, financial and commercial. They are responsible for:
- delivery of projects to time, cost, scope and quality;
- providing strong project planning, monitoring & controlling /delivery leadership;
- manage both internal and external stakeholders, implementing and operating complex governance arrangements;
- managing client, 3rd Party and Capgemini delivery teams to ensure effective project;
- identifying, developing and contracting additional opportunities;
- controlling scope creep, ensure financial performance, positive contribution margin and manage commercial escalations;
- optimising delivery across onshore and offshore delivery locations;
- Manage change, budget, risk , issue and track projects business case throughout the project.
- developing solutions and work orders, from client request through issue, presentation, approval through to project delivery;
- Contributing to the development of methods and expansion of the knowledge base within the Practice.
- There will be a requirement to attain EM Certification within employment
- Successful candidates will be asked to gain a level of security clearance either prior to or upon commencement of employment in support of their allocation to accounts requiring an element of security clearance
- This is a client facing role which requires good presentation, communication and organisation skills. Successful applicants will require flexibility in their work location; the ability to work at client and Capgemini sites across the Globe for the duration of assignments
Specific Experience Required:
We are seeking Infrastructure Senior Project Managers specifically with experience in Agile delivery in the Cloud and Infrastructure services, including:
- Proven recent 10+ years’ experience in Infrastructure Project Management
- Overall 15+ years’ of IT experience
- Hands on experience with Data Centre/ Cloud Migrations and Transformations
- Should have Project Management experience in Cloud Implementation, Migration to Cloud Infrastructure
- Exposure to public and private cloud environment with AWS, Azure, Vmware technology (on VCE Vblock)
- Exposure to common challenge faced on above cloud environment during various application hosting lime Exchange, Lotus notes, O365 and client application.
- Sound knowledge on Cloud computing concept with Cloud Datacenter setup, fine tuning & optimisation, industrialisation & orchestration.
- Be able to clearly articulate the importance of Agile in the modern programme delivery environment, the benefits it provides and the approaches in detail, roles and team structure, and terminology.
- PMP, MSP, PRINCE2 preferred with good understanding of ITIL processes.
Successful candidates will have
- managed a range of Infrastructure projects and programmes with multi-million Euro budgets;
- achieved additional sales (project expansion and new opportunity development) in excess of €2m revenue;
- led teams in excess of 20;
- at least 10+ years’ relevant Project Management experience;
- planned, mobilised and managed all aspects of project delivery;
- worked with offshore delivery models;
- managed client and 3rd party delivery teams;
- experience in shaping infrastructure project delivery for 100% offshore delivery
- extensive knowledge of multiple project delivery methodologies;
- strong communications skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels;
- written proposals and statements of work, and managed the commercial delivery against the contract;
- leadership skills demonstrated through management and/or team lead roles covering planning, reporting, issue & risk management and people management skills;
- knowledge and experience of the sales process
- Proficient in using standard project management tools such as Microsoft project, CA Clarity and Open Workbench and appropriate support tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and Teamforge.
- Recognised authority for own area within the organisation
- Shares expertise with colleagues and others; offers mentoring and guidance to others
- Is a lead contributor individually and as a team member; provides direction for others
- Acts with limited supervision, often in complex environments
- Anticipate client needs, investigates the underlying causes and identifies short and long term solutions
- Anticipate internal/external business issues; uses knowledge to focus work and drive improvements
- Manages costs and profitability for a work area and large projects
- Anticipates patterns and links; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications; generates new and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Manages own time and that of others; develops plans for work activities in own area over the medium/long term; supports strategic planning activities
- Explains/presents highly complex ideas
- Anticipates potential objections and prepare case accordingly; influences others
- Acts as a facilitator, mentor; and coach, moves the team forward, may be a team leader, first or second line manager
- Creates formal networks internally and externally
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.