Primary technical Skills –
Detailed Job Description :-
4 - 8 years experience on Solaris System admin.
• Remote Server management Level-3 support
• SUN Solaris 9/10/11 with VxVM, SVM & VCS.
• VERITAS Cluster System (VCS) configuration, monitoring and break-fix.
• Sun cluster configuration, monitoring and break-fix.
• VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) configuration, monitoring and break-fix.
• Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) configuration, monitoring and break-fix.
• Solaris Kernel Patching (and OS up-gradation) with disk in VxVM / SVM / ZFS.
• Disaster recovery testing (DR) for production servers.
• Solaris Zones – build configuration, installation, resource allocation, performance tuning, troubleshooting etc.
• Solaris Ldoms – build configuration, installation, resource allocation, performance tuning, troubleshooting etc.
• File system Administration- UFS/VXFS – using VxVM/SVM
• Solaris ZFS File System administration.
• CFS (cluster file system) administration.
• Software Installations and package administration.
• UNIX shell scripting
• Liaison with 3rd party service centers and engineers as required, Application teams, DBAs and higher management to optimally perform job responsibilities.
• System Administration-including managing the trouble ticket queue, responding to proactive monitoring alerts, execution of change controls, routine maintenance, performance monitoring, and tuning and system diagnostics. Used standard corporate tools like USD and Remedy for handling requesting adhering to ITIL process.
Hardware Sun Fire v240,v480, SPARC Enterprise M5000, T5220, Fire T2000, T4-4
Operating Systems Oracle Solaris 8/9/10/11, SCO UNIX
Virtualization Solaris Zones, Solaris Containers, Solaris LDoms (logical domains)
Clusters VERITAS Cluster server - VCS , Sun Cluster
File system administration VxVM, SVM (Solaris volume manager) & Solaris ZFS File System, cluster file system(CVM)
Tools Oracle Ops centre (Solaris 11), Tivoli,
Others UNIX shell scripting, knowledge of ITIL (Incident, problem & change management)