Storage Admin - Pune Location - 6 to 8 years
Storage – Senior Consultant – Pune
Required skills and Job responsibilities
- 6+ years experince in storage administration
- Preferably storage certification from EMC / IBM / HP / VERITAS etc.
- Expert & hands-on knowledge of various storage systems like – IBM ESS, EMC, HP etc.
- Expert & hands-on knowledge on trouble shooting on various storage boxes
- Exposure to Fiber Switches (Brocade, MC Data ..) and SAN topologies
- Very good understanding of zoning and LUN masking.
- Exposure to FCP, iSCSi, SAN/IP, FCIP protocols.
- Expert knowledge on clustering & HA using – VERITAS / HACMP / Service Guard / Sun clustering products
- Expert knowledge in Volume Management - VERITAS Volume Manager & File System
- Exposure to storage capacity planning
- Good understanding of performance tuning on various storage platforms mentioned above
- Good exposure to storage management software like EMC, VERITAS CommandCentral, HP StorageWorks, Tivoli Storage Suites of products etc..
- Hand-on knowledge on various RAID technologies (RAID 0+1, RAID 1, RAID 5 etc.)
- Very good understanding on high end server platform like Sun, HP, IBM.
- Server Information: disk usage, Host bus adapter (HBA) firmware, HBA drivers, custom I/O configurations, etc.
- Exposure to industry best practices on storage platforms
- Configures complex software implementations for initial functionality with occasionally configuration for advanced features.
- Excellent communication skills
Primary Skill: Storage
Secondary skill: Storage & Backup
Job Location: Pune