Storage & Backup Admin - 6-9 years - Mumbai
STORAGE AND BACKUP ARCHITECT
1. Develop, implement, and oversee activities related to storage, backup/recovery solutions for projects, as well as responsible for capacity planning, backup and restore process design, performance analysis, and developing data disaster recovery plans.
2. Work closely with operations, project management, application development, network, and cross vertical architecture teams in developing a scalable, maintainable, consistent, highly available storage architecture that meets business objectives and supports any service level agreements.
3. Develop and implement data storage design and backup/recovery environments from documented requirements mapped to data and application strategy.
4. Build SAN capacity reporting forecasting and performance monitoring framework for alerting, trending and planning purposes; Perform capacity planning analysis and other needs assessments to inform storage architecture strategy.
5. Work with infrastructure product vendors and Infrastructure and Enterprise Architects to implement infrastructure improvements, and new infrastructure products and technology.
6. Establish strategies for storage consolidation, centralization, and optimization to reduce downtime and costs while improving security and storage performance.
7. Design redundant systems and policies for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of storage appliances and stored data assets. A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
8. Strong working experience on HP XP7/P9500 storage systems
Backup administration and Consulting Experience in EMC Networker & Veeam backup related products.
- Good trouble shooting skills and being able to mentor backup specialists and handle Escalated calls.
- Must have worked on large production backup environments.
- Must have comprehensive and expert knowledge of backup architecture and its hardware / software products.
- Backup appliances & Tape library (Physical & Virtual) administration skills.
- Should have designed and managed Highly Available / Disaster Recovery infrastructure.
- Experience of Unix Operating system / VMWARE
- EMC Networker backup product experience
- Veeam Backup
- Good understanding of VMware technologies.
- Network knowledge, including bandwidth, NIC configuration, CIFS, NFS, and NDMP is required.
- Exposure to Snapshot based backups.
- Experience in Database backups.
- Exposure to OS and Databases.
- Knowledge on vaulting.
- Expertise in trouble shooting ( IO profiling, performance fine tuning, etc. ) and implementing best practices.
- Experience in sizing and responding to RFPs.
- Experience in Storage and backup audits.
- Experience in designing and architecting solutions.
- Presentation skills/Handling client visits.
- Knowledge on Problem management & incident management.
- Runbooks& SOPs creation & implementing best practices.
Experience Level : 6-9 years
Job Location : Mumbai
Thanks & Reagrds