Suse Linux Admin 4 to 8 yrs Bangalore
Job Role: Linux SUSE
Experience Required: 6 to 9 Yrs
Job Location: Bangalore
SUSE Linux Administration
• Scripting knowledge, specifically with Perl and Korn shell
• Willing to work 24/7
• Day to day pro active monitoring.
• Capacity Planning.
• OS installation and troubleshooting
• Patch installation and management
• High availability and DRS service functionalities
• Must be able to determine when a server is in a "distressed" state, e.g. network performing badly, short of swap space, short of RAM, overloaded CPU, overloaded I/O subsystem. Understand how to gather more information and recommend a solution.
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, BIND, LDAP, Logical volume manager, networking, Firewall rules, Kick Start installation and other core technologies , Knowledge of how to modify kernel and device driver behavior. Awareness of VMware.
• Experience of working on and managing complex technical systems and environments
• Excellent written & Verbal communication
• Experience on SMG, ITIL process and tools ( Incident /Problem/Change)
• Knowledge on BMC Remedy /ITSM or any ticketing tools
• Ability to work independently
• Provide Capacity reports to Management on weekly basis for future planning’s / Quarterly / Year end closing etc.
• Use to plan and coordinate with SAP Basis Admin for SAP refresh activities.
Managed daily workflow assignment, ticket routing,
• Critical situation team management for the professionals located remotely in the US and Internationally.