Are you a Business major in Management Information Systems? Here’s your chance to experience a unique study-abroad program where you spend eight weeks in our Mumbai office in India with a job offer waiting for you upon graduation.
Becoming India Savvy
In partnership with The National Management School, India, we’re pleased to offer our Global Internship Program – a paid internship in the Mumbai office of Capgemini.
Open to junior and senior undergraduate Business students majoring in MIS, this is a semester (15 weeks) program that offers 15 credits including an 8-week, 6-credit internship and three 3-credit courses.
Credits and Transcipt
All 15 credits and the transcript will be issued by University at Albany—State University of New York (previously known as SUNY-Albany).
Features of the Semester Study Abroad Program:Duration: 15 weeks
Period: Aug 28, 2013 thru Dec 15, 2013
Location: Chennai and Mumbai, India
Credits: 15 credits: 6-credit internship + 9 credits from a core
Stipend from Capgemini: US$4,500
Job offer: On successful completion of the Internship and upon graduation from your home institution in the US, you may be offered a job at Capgemini in the US. Other conditions may apply.
What You Gain from the Program
- Global exposure and meet new people: Build your network by meeting students from other universities and Capgemini team members.
- Explore life and work in India: One of the main objectives of a program like this is to experience Indian culture in and out of work.
- Learn from senior leaders: Working with them, you’ll learn about the industry and market dynamics, which will add to your business acumen.
- Mentoring: You’ll have a manager to guide and support you on your project during your stay to help your professional development.
- Hands-On Experience: You’ll be able to apply your skills and knowledge to your assigned project. This experience will ease your entry into your work life once you graduate.
- Training workshops: There may be opportunities for you to participate in some of the training programs to improve your knowledge and skill set.
- Fun after work: It’s not only work, work, work with us. We encourage you to take the time during weekends to see the fun side of India. Goa, known for its beaches, is a 10-hour drive from Mumbai. Nashik, the vineyard capital of India, is just 2.5 hours by road. Mumbai itself offers a lot of opportunities for an evening or weekend of fun.