- Responsible for overseeing and managing the planning and execution of multiple Java projects
- Manage team size of 20-25 people
- Prepare project plans and schedule. Monitor and track project progress.
- Provide technical oversight to team members and Troubleshoot technical problems on need –to basis.
- Senior management reporting and metrics
- Estimation for new enhancements/developments
- Creating Test strategy
- Reviewing Requirements
- Reviewing Database design
- Managing team dynamics
- Risk Management
- Issue Management
- Service Level Agreement Management , Metrics and Measurements Reporting
- Client coordination
- Compliance to organization’s quality policies, participate in Quality Audits
- Java, J2ee
- Presentation framework : JSP , struts , java script , Spring
- Mapping : Hibernate
- SOA : Webservices
- App server : Websphere / Weblogic / Jboss
- RDBMS : Oracle/ DB2 / MySQL
- Middleware : MQ Series
- Design tool : Rational Rose / Visio
- Basic Linux / Unix knowledge
- CM tools : CVS / SVN / Clearcase
- Defect tracking tool : Any ( eg Clearquest , Mercury test director , Bug zilla etc )
- Knowledge of design patterns and architecture views. Ability to pick up new tools and technology.
Soft skills :
- Good communication skills for client and team coordination. Resource management including appraisals, skills, utilization, team building
Desired : Sun certification , PMP
- Technical requirement for 'Project Management'
- Experience in Project management implementation using Open Air or NetSuite project management feature. Knowledge of time sheet, expense, creating project, sub-project, task, etc.
Technical requirement for 'Hibernate'
- Understand the significance and applicability of ORM and diff between JPA, JDO and Hibernate.
- Exposure to the HQL, Hibernate API, Annotations
Technical requirement for 'EJB'
- Hands on experience with using EJB 3.0, JPA, use of annotations. Concepts of session beans, entity beans, message driven beans, etc.
Technical requirement for 'JMS'
- Experience in developing message oriented middleware including point to point as well as publish-subscribe based JMS APIs.
- Exposure to atleast couple of JMS providers like Jboss, Weblogic, Active MQ, etc.