Functional Lead / Subject Matter Expert (SME) – SAP Financials
The Functional Lead / SME – SAP Financials will be a key member of the SAP Record-to-Report (R2R) Team within Capgemini and will be responsible for leading and executing a range of activities from implementation / support / Up gradation of SAP Financial solutions to Solution and Asset creation.
a. Provide Solution Architecture guidance for identified projects.
b. Provide other expert support to ongoing projects, wherever required, across the R2R Value Stream.
c. Conduct delivery audits, whenever required, of ongoing projects, with a view to assess quality of solution and highlight possible improvements, relevant to the R2R Value Stream.
d. Identifying and addressing client needs: communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
e. Ability to help clients resolve implementation / integration issues requiring in depth expertise in the SAP Financials.
f. Creating and maintaining a knowledge-base of service delivery content based on reusable information and knowledge objects, as well as their cross-purposed or leveraged functionality.
a. Collaborating and coordinating with Technical, Solution, Sales, Pricing, and Operations teams to interpret client RFP requirements, and craft solutions that satisfy those requirements.
b. Developing strategy; as well as writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, such as presentation slides; practice marketing materials; change management plans and/or project plans; workshops and whitepapers; practice methodologies and tools; policies and procedures; and/or other standard business communications.
c. Contributing to creation of overall organizational strategy in the field of SAP Financials application services, including evaluating new processes, models, pricing, and tools and related competitive offerings delivered by other SAP Service providers.
d. Contribute to designing, architecting and estimating high-quality, winning solutions for ongoing opportunities, with an emphasis on technical, functional and overall excellence.
e. Contribute to other pre-sales activities related to SAP Financial applications, interacting with experienced and client buyers and/or influencers and driving proactive opportunity creation activities within the field of SAP Financials.
f. Understanding and helping to develop solutions based on the common issues facing clients in a particular industry or region.
3. Capability Building
a. Drive and / or contribute to capacity management processes within identified area, to ensure demand across all projects is suitably met within stated timelines
b. Actively participate in internal capability building activities including knowledge dissemination, training, asset creation etc.
c. Participate in internal and external community activities and contribute to enhance the organizations capability and brand in the relevant area
- Hands-on implementation experience in SAP FI/CO with minimum 4 End to End implementations & overall 12-15 years of experience in the R2R space.
- Hands-on implementation experience in either FSCM or New GL or any other area (apart from core FI/CO) is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant technical concepts including the SAP extension concept, the SAP integration concept, etc.
- Good knowledge of solution design & estimation related to SAP Financials.
- Experience designing global process blueprints for global procurement system implementations.
- Good working knowledge of ASAP & Agile methodology.
- Manage small teams of Consultants on multiple projects simultaneously and mentor/coach the teams on implementation best practices.
- Experience working in a distributed delivery model.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and a very good ability to interact with and command the respect of customers.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven team player adapting himself to different working styles, depending on the situation.
- Certification in any application within the area of SAP Financials is an added advantage.
- Sound domain knowledge of R2R business processes and 3-4 years of core R2R experience.
- International experience, including, specifically, exposure to working with European customers.
- Experience of related Non-SAP solutions or best-of-breed/niche solutions will be an advantage
- Understanding of the SAP Roadmap in the R2R space, including a high-level overview of the newer products in this area (e.g. SimpleFinance etc.)
- CA / MBA (Finance)