Product companies continue to invest heavily in product excellence to achieve the goals of improved customer experience, customer loyalty, and better serviceability, while balancing accelerated time-to-market, reduced cost of quality, and compliance regulations.
Even with the best efforts by organizations, recalled products are common because somewhere there was a tradeoff in quality. This incurs huge direct and indirect costs for the product companies including loss of goodwill.
Ensuring Product Integrity - the ability of a product to meet or exceed a customer's expectations for Quality, Reliability, and Performance over the life of the product—is critical for product companies.
Ensuring Product Integrity
To ensure product integrity, focus on the quality fundamentals with distinct rigor and discipline is necessary. The design intent and process capability must be established early in the product lifecycle. Production teams should manufacture the as designed product in a repeatable and an affordable way. Capgemini can help product companies to achieve these goals.
Capgemini’s Product Integrity Services
Our services ensure product integrity with the following goals:
- Reduce the risk of market recalls
- Streamline product approvals from external regulatory bodies
- Comply with industry standards
- Increase brand credibility
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Optimize costs
Capgemini best delivers Product Integrity services by working with the product teams to strategize, establish, and operate a Product Integrity Center of Excellence.
Our services across the product lifecycle include:
- Assessment of products, processes, and risks
- Benchmarking the products with respect to the industry standards
- Enabling a 3600 view of product quality including software, hardware, mechanical, electrical, external interfaces, and end-to-end user experience
- Consultation on development, V&V, and processes
- Verification and Validation
- Compliance with standards
- Regulatory submissions
- Assessment Framework based on industry best practices
- Review guidelines for requirements, architecture, design
- Test cookbooks
- Domain specific assets - Labs, infrastructure, tools
- Consistent processes in line with industry specific standards
- Context specific best practices