Capgemini’s Data Conversion Framework encapsulates the dynamic standardization of rules, data cleaning and mapping system. With automated processes to accelerate file processing for fixed width, excel, csv or any delimited file, it eliminates manual file processing and supports file conversion for all formats, including semi-structured and unstructured data files.
The Complexity of Diverse Data
Organizations face a multitude of challenges when addressing multi-format and diverse data types, such as:
- Increased operating cost of maintaining and modifying legacy platforms
- High operational cost of managing different sets of code for processing third party files
- Lack of global/local standards and regulation, making the implementation of data standardization difficult and the quality variable
- Multitude of file formats used to structure, store and manage data in use across the business
- Inability of legacy systems to handle the scale and velocity of business change
All of these issues result in high cost, lengthy processing time and lower data quality.
Converting Data – and Maximizing Its Value
Capgemini’s Semi-structured Data Conversion solution provides file conversion of all formats, ensuring that all data ground-rules are met. The metadata framework is built on:
- A Capgemini framework that – irrespective of the functionality and core code – can handle all updates without any change of various file types (csv, Excel, fixed width, etc.)
- Informatica’s Data Transformation studio, which manages the file conversion of all formats. It extracts for fixed width, Excel, csv or any delimited file. This enables defining one code for each file type, irrespective of the functionality it needs to handle
Integral to the framework are the key processes, including Excel to build a metadata capture user interface (UI) for a particular functionality such as claims, payment information, etc. Basic quality check and standardization as part of the framework are captured in the metadata Excel file.
Benefits Delivered – Data Standardization and Operational Efficiency
Capgemini has the proven expertise and capability to manage, transform and convert every kind of data/information and corresponding data structures that currently exist.
Our in-depth understanding of data management for many sectors, and strong technical and domain expertise means we can deliver many benefits:
- Defined standardization rules, data cleansing (junk characters) and mapping rules with minimum IT intervention
- Automation of all manual file processing, so increasing business flexibility and productivity; decreased processing time by 50% during case implementation and decrease potential for errors
- Reduced operational and re-development efforts
- Faster system integration both globally and locally
- Reduced costs by empowering users to monitor and resolve issues