Capgemini’s Integrated Requirements Management Approach (IRMA) standardizes the capture and management of system requirements in IT projects, reducing risk and accelerating progress.
A Smooth, Standardized Way to Run IT Projects
Integrated Requirements Management Approach supports the creation and management of clear and complete requirements to ensure high-quality projects with faster start-ups and lower costs. IRMA helps you run your IT projects more efficiently, contributing to:
- Easy assessment of customer requirements documentation
- Standard tool configuration provisioning
- High-quality, comprehensive requirements documentation
- Reliable project magnitude estimates
Use IRMA’s full capabilities for practical project support in the form of:
- Use cases
- Supplementary specifications
- Business blueprints (SAP)
- Development specifications (SAP)
- Interface mapping
- Domain models
- Data management migration (SAP)
- End-user learning strategies (SAP)
- Navigation maps
- Story boards
IRMA’s current design supports the following types of IT projects and technologies:
- IRMA for custom software: providing templates and guidelines for dealing with specific elementary requirement types that are fully aligned with the RUP method
- IRMA for SAP: offering templates and guidelines to capture the requirements of a SAP package implementation. IRMA for SAP is fully integrated with Capgemini’s DeliverSAP method
IRMA also connects seamlessly with other methods and techniques, including Capgemini’s Structured Expert Method for Business Analysis (SEMBA). Roadmaps outline these connections, ensuring that activities and deliverables are aligned, and creating a consistent end-to-end approach throughout the project lifecycle.
An Approach to Requirements Management that Ensures Quality
Our Requirement specialists developed IRMA to standardize and improve the requirements management discipline. Capgemini’s approach to requirements gathering and management focuses on:
- RM techniques: our approach draws on proven techniques to achieve results quickly, focusing on requirements management techniques, as well as the quality of the requirements found, described, reused and delivered
- Flexible and scalable methods: offering a resilient approach that can be tailored to your project, IRMA can be applied in a linear or iterative process
- Quality procedures: IRMA provides a detailed quality procedure document and is supported by a Product Quality Index
- Proven best practices: assimilating requirement specialists’ proven best practices helps the entire RM community deliver excellent solutions quickly
Integrated Requirements Management Approach successfully transforms your business needs into IT system requirements.
A Proven Approach to Requirements Management
Developed by Capgemini requirements specialists, IRMA draws on proven standards and methods, including Volere, ISO 9126, RUP and DeliverSAP. It combines leading-edge theories and best practices developed by experienced consultants in this field. The result is a comprehensive, easy-to-use approach to Requirements Management (RM) that offers a set of ready-to-use deliverables and clear guidance.