Sharing Global Best Practice on Getting People Back to WorkCapgemini and Oracle offer a global perspective on unemployment and employability and the issues and challenges facing employment and welfare agencies. Discover how multi-channel is the way forward.
Bucking the Upward Trend in Unemployment.
How can employment and welfare agencies help more citizens back to work? It’s a common problem in a world where unemployment is both a social and a political challenge. The young and long-term unemployed are most in need of support.
A number of agencies are demonstrating solutions aimed at bucking the upward trend. But they should not work in isolation. Instead, they must share best practice with governments and other organizations to learn from one another and tackle this global problem.
Watch how Working Links, a UK organization, has helped over 250,000 people into employment.
Unemployment and Employability - Top of the Political Agenda
Whether in Mexico or Sweden, the UK or Australia, the transformation of the current employment and employability landscape has to answer three common questions:
- How can we help people find jobs more effectively?
- How can we achieve cost efficiency in the service delivered?
- How can we address the various levels of maturity in current systems and attitudes to system modernization?
Watch the video on unemployment and the journey of a jobseeker:
Efficient Delivery of Services is a Priority
Capgemini and Oracle’s World Jobseeking Report highlights the importance of efficient and effective services delivery at a time of economic uncertainty.
Key findings include:
- Complex back-to-work systems must be untangled and legacy processes and technology restructured to reduce the cost to serve.
- Do we need to fundamentally rethink Jobseeking departments’ service provision and provide more user-friendly services?